I ordered the churrasco palta, a delicious sandwich of avocado, steak, and tomato. It was a symphony of flavor! Any sandwich on homemade bread transforms it into heaven-sent manna, and this sandwich was no exception. The slices of steak were juicy, the avocado fresh, and the tomato, which I don't usually like, really added to the flavor. The bread, oh that lovely bread, was golden and crisp on the outside with a soft center. It was delicious - the only problem was the tomato soggy-fied (I know it's not a word...work with me) the sandwich which rendered it inedible for me. Call me a 2-year-old, but I can't stand when foods touch, which makes it a catastrophe when things that are meant to be dry become soggy. If you suffer from a similar plight of food-orientation snobbery, I suggest you eat the sandwich fast. It's so good, it's hard not to anyway.
| Half of my remaining sandwich...yum! |
| This was Melinda's plate. |
| The end result: an empty plate and a full belly. |
The best part about this restaurant is the owners. The owners are a cute husband and wife from Chile, and both are so friendly and welcoming. You feel as if you are walking into a Chilean home. The wife was extremely hospitable and was always checking to make sure we were comfortable. It was awesome. And the decorations are cute and homey as well. They have yellow checkered table cloths as you see above, and they have fun Latin decoration on the walls.
My only advice to people in Provo wanting to partake of such a delicious meal is to just make sure you check the times they are open, otherwise you'll end up like me those countless tries before today; sad a la cart with a side dish of growling belly.
I want to go! Your sandwich looks to die for!
ReplyDelete