Friday, June 15, 2012

Item 2: Solo Cinema

Yes, today I went to see a matinee movie by myself. Was it strange? A little bit. But since I have a lack of friends in Provo at the moment, and people usually work during the week days anyway, I have spent a lot of time alone.

Surprisingly, it was really fun! I saw John Carter and really enjoyed myself. I didn't have to worry how other people enjoyed it, or worry if I was going to be too early or too late to the show, or worry about someone being annoying and talking to me throughout the entire film. I was free to just sit and enjoy. It was refreshing.

Of course, it's always really nice to have someone there with you, but if everyone has seen the movie and I haven't, or if no one is available to go see a film with poor old me, I'm fine with that. This has been remarkably good for my independence. I feel good. I feel strong. I feel like...eating candy. I think I'll drive to the store. Now to plan for tomorrow's adventure....

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to see a movie by myself. I can't tell you how much I would LOVE to do that too! That's a great idea. My adventure will be to watch a movie, Johns--watch the kids! Wish I was there to watch the movie with you Kris, really makes me sad how we're so far away... :-( Well, we'll have to make up for it this summer by watching lots of movies when I come, eat lots of candy and talk talk talk! But of course not during the movie, wouldn't want to be one of those annoying persons! :-)

    ReplyDelete