Sunday, June 24, 2012

Item 5: Whippin' Up Some German Pancakes

I have been wanting to have breakfast for dinner, which is of course on my list, and I did! I made German pancakes and they were so delightful! Everyone seems to like to make them sweet by pouring syrup or powder sugar over them, but I say nay! It loses it's delicious savory eggy flavor.

No really exciting cooking adventures to report, except that it took 35 minutes to cook, not the 20 it told me on the recipe. But, we do have a strange oven, and our stove is...not normal and falling apart, so I'm sure it was the oven's fault. It will be so nice to have a nicer place some day. I have no pictures of the pancakes to post, sorry, but just know that it was the most delightful, golden, puffy, egg dish ever!

1 comment: