Monday, June 18, 2012

Item 4: Bonfire Bonanza

So, one of the things on my to-do list is to have a bonfire, which I expect to do many a time this summer, but this post is dedicated to the fire itself because of the talented people who created it: Me, myself, and I.

I have never built a fire by myself before, but I did it! And it was a huge success! I did use matches, which is probably cheating, but this fire was beautiful. The cute little four-year-old who lives upstairs helped me make it. She actually really was a huge help! We crumpled papers and fed the flames until it caught the big logs and burned, burned, burned until it became the ring of fire. I may or may not have done a little fire dance to celebrate my success. And just so you know, the flame lasted the entire time we were out there for FHE. It was amazing. I really am so proud! It's like that part  on Castaway when he's like, I MADE FIRE!! I understand completely. It really is an accomplishment.

I don't have pictures, so you may not believe my story, but I'll make another one and post pictures of that. I doubt it will be as successful as this one though. This was a masterpiece.

I think I may have found my hidden talent: fire building. Feel free to call me the fire maiden. Sounds spicy. Sizzlin'. Smokin'. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. After I read the line 'ring of fire' I couldn't help but sing Johnny Cash's song the rest of the way through the post! --I fell into a burning ring of fire, I went down down down and the flames went higher, and it burns burns burns the ring of fire.... kind of appropriate for that post huh?!

    Love how you're always helping and being friends with the 4 year old upstairs. You're quite the auntie to all kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's what I was going for, silly girl...I was referencing that song. And I do really enjoy spending time with the kids upstairs. I enjoy most kids now, actually! That's good. :) I can't wait until I see you!

    ReplyDelete